As the season approaches, I should like to share some details of how the club will operate during the COVID-19 restrictions.
The attached COVID-19 Risk Assessment has been undertaken in line with ECB guidance to allow us to stage cricket at Pontefract this year and I would urge you to familiarise yourselves with the protocols we have put in place to keep us all safe and compliant.
The headlines are as follows:
- All players should come dressed and fully prepared to play on the day of each match
- Changing rooms will be closed until further notice
- Lavatory facilities will remain open, (Male and Female) in the main clubhouse with a one-way system clearly marked
- No more than four persons in the club at any one time
- An Honesty Bar is to be trialled whereby bottled beer and soft drinks will be available and your committee will monitor effectiveness on a weekly basis
- Weather proof coverings are being procured for the practice net area to enable players and equipment to be kept dry
- Whilst the Bar Steward, (Bob Grimley) will be on hand to open and close the premises on match days, the home captain will act as the "Designated Person" for COVID-19 purposes; this may be delegated on the day
- Match-day subs will be collected via contactless payments and will be £8 per match
- Annual subscriptions are now due; please contact your captain to arrange payment - it is a requirement of the club's membership of the Bradford Premier League that all subs be paid in advance of the season commencing Subscriptions have been held at £50 for seniors and £25 for juniors and students in full-time education; evidence may be requested to support
- A table will be placed outside the garage on match days which will be stocked with hand sanitiser and first aid kit; hand sanitiser units will also be available around the ground
In line with Government guidance all members and visitors should self-screen before they visit the club; anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who should be shielding should not attend.
Clearly, the pandemic has brought about changes to all our lives, but that should not prevent us from enjoying our cricket and on behalf of the committee, I should like to wish Zahid, Bobby and the first and second teams all the very best for season 2021.